Just weeks after being named DJ Mag’s Number 1 DJ for the second year running, Martin Garrix has been hospitalised after eating three kilos of Play-Doh.
The DJ is believed to have been partying with his friends in an Amsterdam play center when an ambulance was called and Garrix was rushed to hospital.
Sources close to Garrix claim he has been struggling with a Play-Doh addiction for some time now and this could be the wake-up call the twenty-one-year-old needs.
“Martin has had a serious Play-Doh problem since he first blew up on the EDM scene,” said a personal friend of the Dutch DJ. “I still remember when he got his first paycheck from Spinnin’ Records, everyone was saying ‘buy some sweets’ or ‘put it in the bank’ but Martin had his own ideas, he went straight out and spent every penny on Play-Doh.”
“Everyone has their vices,” he continued. “Some DJs like to drink, others like to take cocaine or ketamine, Martin was never into that kind of thing, for him it has always been Play-Doh. At first, it was kind of funny but the more money he got, the more Play-Doh he bought. It started to spiral out of control two years ago when he signed a deal with Play-Doh making him their official distributor in the Netherlands.”
“He pretty much has all the Play-Doh a man could ever want and he’s made it his own personal mission to eat as much of it as possible,” explained the source. “I’m not surprised that he’s in hospital, hopefully now, he’ll realise that he has a problem and finally knock the Play-Doh on the head for once and for all.”
Doctors predict that Garrix will make a full recovery but have warned the star that he will have “multicolored poo” for at least a week after he left the hospital.